TWD: Caramel Peanut Topped Brownie Cake

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Today's TWD challenge was kindly hosted by Tammy of Wee Treats by Tammy , who chose the Caramel-Peanut-Topped Brownie Cake.

It was quick and easy to make.


Ta-da!

The only variations I made was to use semisweet chocolate in place of bittersweet and using roasted hazelnuts instead of peanuts in the sauce (do I have to tell you that I "cheated" and used some leftover caramel sauce - similar but not identical to Dorie's- that was sitting in the fridge for the last couple of days?). And I used a 10 inch pan because that was what's available in the place I made this.




And I was extra careful to read, reread and check and recheck the oven temperature after the creme brulee accident! I told my sister about that incident and she said: "Well, you did get creme brulee!" (i.e burnt cream) lol

About the brownie cake, I had read people's comments about it and most said it was good but not spectacular, so I expected a bad cake. But it did turn out good. Very good :)

Be sure to check out the TWD blogroll to see how others did!

11 comments:

Flourchild said...

Your cake looks great. Im glad you liked it! I thought it tasted great. I used a fudge topping with pecans on mine..it was tasty!

Anonymous said...

How did you like the hazelnuts?

Tammy said...

the hazelnuts look great. thanks for making my pick!

Melissa said...

I almost used semi-sweet chocolate too, but decided against it. I bet it was good! It looks perfect!

Teanna DiMicco said...

It looks like it turned out very good! I like the hazelnuts!!! Did you like them?

Linda said...

Hazelnuts sound like a terrific substitution...looks delicious!!!

Peggy said...

Good idea with the hazelnuts! Glad you liked the cake. My caramel was a mess. :(

Jaime said...

lovely hazelnut topped cake!

Sandy Smith said...

Yum - I your hazelnut version sounds delicious! Thanks for the suggestion!!

Shari said...

I like your idea of using hazelnuts!

Bungalow Barbara said...

Your cake looks lovely! I'm glad you liked it!