My first FBCT!

Saturday, September 6, 2008


That's Frozen Buttercream transfer for those not so cake-obsessed. So fun and so cool!

I made this cake for my 3 year old niece (let's call her Princess - she believes she really is a princess) and nephew (hmm, what should I call him? Prince?) for making it through their first week of (pre)school! They asked for a multitude of cakes: him (Winnie the Pooh, Mickey Mouse, Thomas the Tank Engine) , her (Hello Kitty, Minnie Mouse, Winnie the Pooh, Princess). So I decided to start off with Winnie the Pooh - or Tittie Te Pooh as Prince calls him.

I cheated with the cake - it was Betty Crocker French Vanilla cake mix. The FBCT was made with help of this tutorial. The frosting on the cake was supposed to be plain white to blend in with the FBCT. But I'm too lazy ... all I had was the leftover colored buttercream from the walnut cake. So I just used it. But the cake still looked cool.

It was well received. The looks on their faces when they saw the cake was priceless! I started cutting the cake from the short plain end. But they didn't want to eat that. They wanted to eat their friend Winnie! Cannibals!!

Princess kept asking her dad for a piece of cake with no cheese - cheese being what she called the buttercream. And she was not the only person scraping off her frosting - myself being another. Oh well, guess I should try another frosting recipe next time!

I'm planning a Hello Kitty cake for next week.
Next time I certainly must take more pics.

0 comments: