The Cake Slice: Cappuccino Chiffon Cake (better late than never)

Friday, October 24, 2008

This was the first selection for The Cake Slice Bakers.
The chosen cake was the Cappuccino Chiffon Cake from Sky High: Irresistible Triple-Layer Cakes.
"Life" got in the way and I didn't get the chance to complete the selection until yesterday.

I made the cake for a dinner party I was invited to. It didn't disappoint. It was a great tasting cake, certainly a keeper for me.



My only substitution was for the rum: I used a packet of caramel sauce (one that comes with the Creme Caramel box mixes sold here) thinned with pineapple juice and flavored with some vanilla and almond essence.

Can't wait for the next cake!

Be sure to check out the The Cake Slice Bakers to see what everyone else did!

1 comments:

Gigi said...

Your cake looks divine! Great job! Happy holidays.