TWD: Chocolate-Chocolate Cupakes

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Today's recipe was chosen by Clara from I*heart*Food4Thought.
Thank you Clara!


You can find the recipe and her beautiful execution here:
The Cupcake Horror Picture Show




My adjustments:
Many people said these came out dry, so I took the suggestions of some members and made the following adjustments:

* Added about a tablespoon of vegetable oil with the melted chocolate
* Used half buttermilk and half plain yoghurt

I made a double batch and got about 3 dozen cupcakes (I underfilled some). They were tasty and moist, but the chocolate taste in the cupcakes was not "deep" or "intense" enough in my opinion.




I would've loved to fill these, but I plainly didn't have the time or energy do so.

You can check out what other great TWD members did this week here.

3 comments:

CB said...

Great job adjusting the recipe for your taste. Thanks for baking with me this week!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

Jaime said...

glad you were able to adjust the recipe to keep them moist. i was lucky and mine were moist, with the recipe as written

Gigi said...

yum. your cupcakes look so dark and chocolaty!